Today's run almost didn't happen!
Plan A: My alarm wernt off at 6, as usual, and I promptly grabbed it, set it for 6:30 and went back to sleep. My justification: I need to do more outdoor training, so I'll run outside which doesn't take as long as driving to the gym to run so I can sleep for 30 more minutes. Seems logical.
Plan B: So I got up at 6:30, got ready and headed out the door for my run...and came right back inside. It wasn't all that cold, but the wind was freezing! So I came back in and made pancakes. I thought I'd take my 2 little girls to the gym play place when it opened and do my run on the treadmill after all.
Plan C: So after a good breakfast (my son had an important test today!) and doing some housework, I took "Beanie," 2, and "Smoosh," 1, to the gym. No sweat. Smoosh was a bit fussy when I left, but that's not anything strange. As soon as I'm out of sight she calms down. So I was about 1/4 of the way through my run and in walks the poor kid's place worker holding a red faced sobbing Smoosh. So, I collected my girls and went home. Fate was definitely against me so I should just embrace it, right? WRONG!
Plan D: I bundled up the girls, got favorite blankies and strapped them into our double jogging stroller. And finally, while pointing out cows and talking to birds with Beanie, I started my run over and finished! Wahoo!
We are all expert ats coming up with hundreds of plausible excuses about why we can't exercise or why we don't have time to eat healthy. But it feels so great to quit that and finish something hard!

I found you on Twitter... Yay for getting out there! I noticed in one of your previous posts that you mention running clothes... I've found $10 running tanks at Target. I started with the Couch to 5K program and I run with a new to running friend who is using that plan, too. Hope it goes well! It worked out well for me.
ReplyDelete