Thursday, May 31, 2012

2 days out!

I am now 2 days away from my first official 5K as I try to get back into real running shape. Whew, I am nervous! I decided I should do a little test run today. I finished all 9 weeks of my couch 2 5K program, but that gets you running 30 minutes and doesn't really keep track of distance, so I wanted to run a course I knew was 3 miles. It went pretty well. My 10 year old son followed me a bit on his bike. And by follow I mean rode in circles around me, went far ahead and came back, lagged behind to try and feed some cows, you know, the usual. Except for some Pandora problems (explicit lyrics just should not be on there!) it went very smoothly. And I got to absorb this view the whole time:
You can't ask for more than that! For some reason, scenery plays a big part in my enjoyment of running. Lucky for me I LOVE pastoral farm sights, so I obviously live in just the right place. :)
 My legs were having some endurance issues, so I may have taken this photo op to camoflage needed a teeny rest...but I ran again after and finished strong!
(the poor calves my son tried to feed grass but just scared the heck out of)
I am all registered and feel pretty ready for the run. My fam is coming to cheer me on and that is a great motivator for me. I defninitely want my kids seeing me do hard things and finish them.
I won't be first, but I will finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment