Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Progress

Today I got this award in Weight Watchers:
I am not doing the best in WW so I was pretty surprised to be rewarded. I think it's called the stamina award and my leader asked me what I thought it was for. My response was, "Coming every week even though I'm doing terribly?" She laughed, and explained it was for coming consistently for 16 weeks. So this means in the course of 16 weeks I have lost 3.8 pounds. 
Ouch.
It's kind of made me evaluate my goals with weight loss and running and really think about what I am doing to achieve them. I may have only lost 3.8 pounds (that's a cumulative number, I've lost more but gained it back) but I am still trying. I am going at a ridiculously slow pace, but I am making and effort and heading, however leisurely, in the right direction.
The same is true for my running. Sometimes I am truly embarrassed at how slowly I am starting back. I mean, I used to run 8 miles no problem a few years ago and now I run in 5 minute increments! But I can sit on the couch remember how awesome I used to be, or get off my rear and make myself awesome again! Something is better than nothing!
So I keep plodding along, trying each week to eat a little healthier, run a little farther, and be a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment