Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Do clothes make the runner?

Since I'm doing most of my running at the gym, I see a plethora (my hubby loves that word!) of workout gear. I personally don't put much thought into what I wear to the gym, black workout pants, whatever t shirt that's clean, the usual. But I was thinking today I may invest in a little spiffier duds. I've already established that I am poor AND cheap (a convenient combo) so I'm certainly not going to break the bank, but I do see the merit in investing a little money and feeling more confident during my runs.
Another issue is (this may be a bit personal) a great sports bra. If you are, like me, pleasantly plump, this is an essential piece of equipment. I have tried a million sports bras, even one endorsed by Oprah that felt like I was running in a corset. Seriously, I almost passed out! This topic may be on my mind since my sadly overused bra injured me when I was putting it on this morning! Looks like that will be on my shopping list as well.
So, do you feel like a better runner if you look the part?
We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment