Today during my run a friend of mine came into the gym and occupied the treadmill next to me. I took out one of my ear phones so I could still hear my BFF on the C5K app telling me when to run or walk and we just chatted. It was great! It's been so long since I had a running buddy I forgot how great it can to to lose yourself in a conversation and then magically your run is done! I was a bit worried about today's run, it was my first week 5 workout so I had 4 5 minute runs and I did not even notice a difference! Nice!
Also, my friend and I are at quite different fitness levels. She teaches a few classes at the gym and I am a classic "before" picture, but thanks to modern technology we ran side by side! :)
![]() |
| This isn't us, but you get the idea :) |
For an update, I did get new running duds (thank you Old Navy stuff and save sale) and I do feel much more confident! The clothes I got are moisture control something-or-other and it's great. So, better temp control, better style, better running!
Next up on my training calendar: Cross Training
What to do, how much, etc.
What are your favorite cross training activities?

No comments:
Post a Comment