I had my first outdoor run of 2013! It was great to get out in the sun, smell the cows, and have them stare at me creepily while I ran by. We recently moved to a more rural spot, so I am really in the country now. I love it! I think I have secretly been a country/farm girl deep down for my whole life.
Anyway, back to the running. I started off great, no endurance issues at all! Then I hit the half way point, turned around, and realized I had been running at a slight decline the whole time. Which turned into a HUGE incline on the way back. Well...not huge, but I sure felt it! I also was contending with southern Idaho's ever present wind. Still, it was great and I enjoyed it very much.
I have a little tip to share! Maybe you already do this, but I have started running with a half a piece of gum and I am hooked. It keeps my mouth from feeling dry and (obviously) tastes great!
I am looking for my first 5K of the year, can't wait to get back into the swing of things!
Want a partner? :)
ReplyDeleteAlways :)
ReplyDelete